Tuesday, September 1, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! HAND-DRAWN BLOOMS IN BRIGHT PINKS

It's the first day of Spring today, for us in the southern hemisphere.  This is my favourite season ... and with long lockdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the increased birdsong, beautiful blooms, and longer, warmer, days will be more welcome than ever before.

In the spirit of trying to feel a bit more cheery, I've made a bright card using the Hand-Drawn Blooms bundle.  This card came about after I had repeatedly stamped, on a piece of Whisper White card, the large bouquet image in Melon Mambo ink.  I didn't particularly like the look of it, and was tempted to discard it ... until I had the idea to use a blending brush, to add Melon Mambo ink over the top of the stamped images.  It totally transformed the piece, and that became my custom background.

On another piece of Whisper White card, I stamped the full bouquet in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured the image using my Stampin' Blends markers.  I embossed the panel with the Subtle 3D embossing folder (running it through twice, crossways the second time, to give a linen look) then cropped it down with a Stitched So Sweetly die.  The sentiment (from Posted For You) was stamped on a strip of Whisper White card, which I then shaped with the Lovely Labels punch.  It, too, has been embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.




The embossing is really clear in this pic:


I've listed below all the products used to make this card.  If you would like to shop in my online store for Stampin' Up! products, and you live in Australia, just click on any of the thumbnail images below.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment