Wednesday, September 9, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! STARS & MAP MASCULINE BIRTHDAY CARD

 I've combined a few of Stampin' Up!'s papers (from different packs, that is) to make a masculine birthday card.  We have lots of neutral options that make "guy" cards an easy make.

I started out with some papers, in Night of Navy and Early Espresso, from the In Good Taste DSP pack.  I hadn't used what I call the "carpet" pattern before.  I've die cut stars, using the Stitched Stars Dies, from the papers in both colourways.  I have also used a map patterned paper, from the World of Good DSP pack; I love maps as a background on masculine cards.  Lastly, a scrap of speckled Crumb Cake paper, from the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP pack, has been used for the sentiment panel.  I stamped the "Happy" in Night of Navy ink, and the "birthday" in Early Espresso ink, then added some "stamped off" Crumb Cake stars around the words.  The piece was die cut using a Tasteful Labels die.




Here's a close-up of the stars.  I sponged ink around the edges  ... Night of Navy ink on the Night of Navy stars, and Early Espresso ink on the Early Espresso stars.



This close-up of the sentiment panel shows a bit more detail.  I like how this particular Tasteful Labels die embosses a fine line around the inside of the die cut:

Listed below are all the products I used to make this card.  They are available to purchase from my online store, if you live in Australia.  Just click on any of the thumbnail images below to get to my store; it's open 24/7.

I hope you will come back to visit my blog tonight, after 8.00pm AEST.  I'm taking part in the weekly Colour Creations Showcase that has been a feature of my blog on Wednesday nights for the past few months.  Tonight we'll have projects showcasing Early Espresso, and hope to inspire you!

 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment