Tuesday, September 22, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! PLAID TIDINGS PEONY CARD

Today's Plaid Tidings card features one of the beautiful Rich Razzleberry sheets of paper.  After deciding to use the Prized Peony bundle on my card, I stamped the large peony in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White card.  I then coloured it with Rich Razzleberry, Blackerry Bliss and Gray Granite Stampin' Blends markers, and cut it out using the Peony Dies.  Across the middle of the card, I added a piece of Vellum cardstock that I'd embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder.  To adhere vellum to paper or card, I use a sponge to lightly apply liquid glue all over the back of the vellum piece.  This minimises the amount of adhesive that's visible.  Over the top of the vellum, I added a piece of Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, on which I'd lightly stamped a small image (from the Prized Peony stamp set) in Gray Granite ink.

After I'd stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray ink, I decided to add a small peony image to appear to be behind the words.  Normally I would have stamped the flower first, then the sentiment over the top - but I changed my mind mid-process on this card!  I inked the small peony stamp in Rich Razzleberry ink, and stamped it off four times onto scrap paper, before stamping it onto the sentiment circle.  One of the gorgeous dies from the Tasteful Touches Dies was used to crop the sentiment.




Some of the details on the card are a bit easier to see in this photo:



I am loving the variety of colours in the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper pack.  There are some great masculine options, that I'll be exploring.  I really like that the papers are versatile for year-round crafting, despite having been released in the catalogue that focusses on Christmas and Halloween.

Listed below are all the products I used to make this card.  They are available to purchase from my online store, if you live in Australia.  You can get to my store by clicking on any of the thumbnail images below.






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment