Sunday, September 27, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! SO MUCH HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD IN FLIRTY FLAMINGO & COASTAL CABANA


As a result of a recent conversation, in which I said I really struggle to use Flirty Flamingo, my friend Di challenged me to make a card using Flirty Flamingo and Coastal Cabana.  I think this is a pretty cute, if slightly sweet "icecream looking", colour combination after all!  A little Basic Gray helps tone it down a bit.

I have used my favourite So Much Happy bundle, along with a few other dies, on this card.  It all started with some balloons being stamped in the two colours (some full strength, some second-generation stamping) on a piece of Whisper White card.  This piece was cropped using Layering Ovals dies, then adhered over the top of another Whisper White piece that I'd embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.   

After cutting the "Happy" from Flirty Flamingo card, I decorated it using three dies - some bunting from the Happy dies, a scalloped edge from Stitched Be Mine dies, and a tone-on-tone border piece cut from Many Medallions dies.  Some Silver Foil bows on the balloons, and Coastal Cabana resin dots, finished the card.  I am pretty happy with the end result, especially as it all came together around 11.30pm, when I'm normally well tucked up in bed.



Here's a closer view of the sentiment piece:


If you would like to buy any of the products I used to make this card, you can get to my online store by clicking on any of the thumbnail images below.  My online store is open 24/7, to Australian residents, and I'd love to help you with your Stampin' Up! supplies, if you don't already have a demonstrator looking after you.








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment