Thursday, August 27, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! PRIZED PEONY CARD FOR PP505

It is a few YEARS since I joined in an online card challenge.  The current sketch challenge at The Paper Players has broken the drought!  I really like this layout:




I instantly thought of the beautiful Peony Garden papers, and adhered three of the different patterned pieces to a Whisper White panel.  The top right panel is a Petal Pink subtly flecked paper that reminds me of musk lollies ... anyone else, in Australia/New Zealand?  I have used Petal Pink ink, and second-generation stamping, to stamp peonies over that piece.  After I'd mounted all three paper pieces to some card, I embossed the panel with my Subtle 3D embossing folder.


You can see the stamping on the DSP, and the added texture, a bit better here:


The sentiment panel is a piece of Whisper White card, cut using the Switched So Sweetly dies.  I subtly stamped the diamond-pattern stamp, from Prized Peony, in Petal Pink ink, after stamping off onto scrap paper first each time I inked it.  I then stamped the words in Gray Granite ink.



I really enjoyed working with a different layout to my tried and true "norms".  Especially with so much extra time in my craft room these days (we're in lockdown in Melbourne, until mid-September), I think I need to start participating in some more challenges, to think outside the box, creatively.

Listed below are all the products I used to make this card.  If you live in Australia, and would like to shop in my online store, just click on any of the thumbnail images below.


**ETA:  I found this image online, of musk lollies, for my overseas friends.  They are a pink "candy" (we call them lollies or sweets) with subtle flecks of lighter pink or white:




Product List

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! The breaking of the drought was a win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! I am glad my sketch brought you back from the drought too! This is gorgeous! I just love the embossing you added to the DSP...just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at the Players, and thanks for playing with my sketch! I do hope you'll continue to "play" with us, we'd love to see your creations often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, what a treat to see your beautiful card in the PP gallery this week! That peony is so gorgeous and I love the selection of papers in the soft pink and gray. I'm so happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week and do hope to see your lovely work for future challenges, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - I do not know what a musk lolly is - but...I'm guessing it's pretty - and pink! Love that you embossed the card front after adhering the DSPs - that extra textures is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your project with us this week at The Paper Player! :)

    ReplyDelete