Wednesday, August 5, 2020

AWHT COLOUR CREATIONS SHOWCASE - WEEK 10: CINNAMON CIDER


Tonight a group of us is sharing creations that use Cinnamon Cider, one of the five new In Colors in Stampin' Up!'s range.  We'll have this lovely colour for two years, which makes me happy.  I love it, because it's different to any other colour we already had.  The Colour Creations Showcase is being co-ordinated by Catherine Proctor.  Cathy  has on her blog a comprehensive list of all participants in tonight's share.  We'd love for you to visit all our blogs, and leave us comments if you like what you see!

I have used Cinnamon Cider, with Misty Moonlight, and with Early Espresso, on a few masculine cards already.  I wanted to challenge myself to make a baby card, using this colour combination:



Here's what I came up with ... a card that was a lot of fun to make!



I started off by making some "building blocks", by scribbling on my Clear Block A with Stampin' Write Markers (in Cinnamon Cider, Misty Moonlight and Seaside Spray), spritzing the inked block with water, and stamping it onto Whisper White card.  When the ink was dry (that took only a minute or two), I used my Stitched Shapes square dies to cut out each block.  

On another piece of Whisper White card, I used my Stampin' Blends Markers, in Light Cinnamon Cider, Light Misty Moonlight, and Light Seaside Spray, to create horizontal stripes.  I attached some cut-to-size Foam Adhesive Sheet to the back of the card, and ran it through my die-cutting and embossing machine, using the Playful Alphabet Dies.  These dies cut through the foam like butter - I was super-impressed!  After peeling off the backing sheet, I then adhered the letters to the block shapes.

The die-cut "welcome" in Cinnamon Cider is from the Well Written dies.  The scalloped white panel (that evokes thoughts of a little baby blanket, don't you think?) is embossed with one of the sweet Little Details embossing folders.



We hope you enjoy hopping around everyone's blogs, and getting inspired to use Cinnamon Cider in your papercraft projects.

Listed below are all the products I used to make this card.  If you live in Australia, and would like to buy them for yourself, I would love it if you shopped with me!  You can get to my online store by clicking on any of the thumbnail images below.



Product List

13 comments:

  1. Christine these are fantastic techniques that you've used to create a fantastic card - I seriously love this card and your colour combination! Thanks for inspiring us all with your Cinnamon Cider creation tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Christine, perfect for a baby card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful baby card, Christine. I love the combination of colours and that baby blanket is super cool, well that is one TIEF I don't own, eek, might have to get that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a sweet baby card! The building blocks and striped letters are super adorable, and I can totally see the baby blanket in the embossed design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, I was almost going to use this colour combination. I just love Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight with Cinnamon Cider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that was a surprise! I hadn't expected a baby card with Cinnamon Cider, but this is amazing. I like the blocks with letters most, but the embossed panel and stamped background are pretty special too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the techniques you used for the baby blocks and not a card I expected to see for Cinnamon Cider but a stunning baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous contemporary baby card, Christine! Love the striped letters on the blocks; such a cool idea for other colour combos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful colour combo and i love what you have done with the letters

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I was American I would say, “ So Stinkin’ CUTE!!” But I’m not American so I am just going to say this is one of the most gorgeous baby cards, in the sweetest colour combinations I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about your card Christine. The colour palette is gorgeous and the use of the alphabet dies to make building blocks is genius. I feel that baby cards is one area where Stampin' Up! could lift their game as there are just so few options, but not now. I will certainly be cas(e)ing your wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With 2 babies due in our family by the end of January 2021, I have been looking for some ideas and you have given me some. Thank you for your beautiful Cards Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Christine. This is such a gorgeous baby card! Clever design and beautiful combination of colours. I love those blocks and the letters are really creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete