Wednesday, August 5, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! ORNATE STYLE THANKS CARD WITH PLAID BACKGROUND

I recently saw online this gorgeous card, that inspired the creation I am sharing with you today:


I love the clean, crisp, look of the card, but find I struggle to create in that style - to me, my cards look unfinished if I keep them unlayered and unadorned!  I love the use of black and white plaid paper as a background to the delicate pink flowers.   Here's what I came up with, using some of Stampin' Up!'s new Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper:





I stamped the large floral image on Whisper White card, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then coloured the flowers with Flirty Flamingo and Rococo Rose Stampin' Blends markers, and the leaves with Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends.  After fussy-cutting around the coloured image, I used a light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends marker to outline the images, and colour in some negative space.

Despite using my Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment, I still managed to get it crooked!  I think I was holding my head at a different angle for the "Love &" and the "Friend" each time!  The "thanks" part of the sentiment is die-cut from Basic Black cardstock; I cut it three times, and stacked the layers to give it a bit of dimension.

I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to flick (the brush end against the inside of the cap) ink splatters over the white background panel.  Some Artistry Blooms sequins were added to finish off the card.

Because I had to cut the 6" x 6" piece of plaid paper on a diagonal, I was left with some triangular pieces.  If you come back to visit tomorrow, you'll see what I did with those!



Product List
Stamparatus
[148187]
$85.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$17.00

No comments:

Post a Comment