Monday, August 24, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! FANCY PHRASES BALMY BLUE "MISS YOU" CARD

Today's card is the third of my Fancy Phrases cards.  This stamp set is so beautiful, and I think lends itself nicely to watercolouring, and a bit of a "vintagey" look.

This is the first time I've used the Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper, from the current Mini Catalogue.  I'd had trouble envisaging it on Christmas cards, so tried something completely different.




As you can see, the background piece of Very Vanilla card has been embossed with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder.  I sponged around the edges of that piece, with Crumb Cake ink.  The sparkles of the glimmer paper are a nice contrast to the subdued rustic look of the rest of the card, don't you think?  I stamped the roses in StazOn Jet Black ink, on Fluid 100 Watercolor paper, then watercoloured the images using Balmy Blue and Old Olive ink.  The subtle splatters in the background were created by flicking the brush tip of my Light Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends marker against the marker lid.  Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems, also from the Mini Catalogue, are another nice sparkly touch.




If you would like to buy these Stampin' Up! products, and you live in Australia, I would love for you to shop in my online store.  You can get there by clicking on any of the thumbnail images below.


Product List
Stamparatus
[148187]
$85.00

No comments:

Post a Comment