Sunday, May 31, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! TASTEFUL TOUCHES BIRTHDAY CARD WITH CIRCLES

There is a truly beautiful suite of products, in the upcoming Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, called the In Good Taste suite.  It includes the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper of which you'll be seeing a LOT in my creations ... lovely earthy tones, and wood and stone designs.   The white painted-look paper I've used on today's card comes from that pack.  I dry-embossed the paper with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder; love the subtlety of it.  Also included in the suite is the gorgeous Tasteful Touches stamp set; the focal flowers on my card, and the foliage stamped on the three smaller circles, are from the set.  The In Good Taste Elements include the wooden leaves, that I have coloured using Stampin' Blends (in Old Olive and Mossy Meadow).

Here's the colour scheme I decided on for my card:


... and here's the end result:




The Highland Heather circle, on which the flowers rest, was created by die-cutting (using Stitched Shapes dies) a circle from the painted-look DSP, then using a blending brush to apply Highland Heather ink.  The rhinestones were coloured with the Dark Highland Heather Stampin' Blends marker.  I stamped the sentiment, from Peaceful Moments, in Old Olive ink.  I used the Stamparatus, to stamp it a few times, to achieve a nice, dark, impression.

The flowers were stamped on Whisper White card, in Highland Heather and Crumb Cake inks, then coloured with matching Stampin' Blends markers.  I hand-cut two more flowers, and glued each coloured flower to another one, for stability, as I had to raise them up on Stampin' Dimensionals, to sit above the leaves.  I used Stampin' Blends to colour the wooden leaves, but left the sides of the leaves uncoloured, as I like the rustic look.

Hopefully this is all clear, but please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions!  Because I used so many new, yet-to-be-released products on this card, I've not provided any links to my online store.  I'll be able to do that on cards containing new product from 3rd June onwards.  This suite is one of my favourites in the new catalogue, and I hope to inspire you with lots more creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment