Friday, May 1, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! PARISIAN BLOSSOMS PATCHWORK CARD

There are a few designs in the Parisian Blossoms Designer Series Paper pack that I'm unlikely to use very much.  I'm not a big fan of pink and red together, so have been a little unsure how to incorporate those mixes on my cards.  I then thought back several years, when I went through a phase of making faux patchwork cards.  I typically used the lovely Top Note die (long retired) ... first I'd punch out numerous 1" squares of patterned paper, attach all the squares to a rectangular piece of card, and usually add some faux stitching (hand-drawn cross-stitches!) in between each square.  That piece would then be die-cut.  Here's an example of a card I made nearly 10 years ago
:





Well, we now have lots of lovely stitched dies available, so my updated version gives a bit of a sleeker look.  I used the smallest square die from Stitched Shapes, to cut at least a couple of each paper design in the Parisian Blossoms pack.  I glued the squares on to a Whisper White panel, then die cut that with a Stitched Rectangle die.  This "patchwork" panel was then adhered to a slightly larger Stitched Rectangle of Petal Pink card, that I'd embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.




This simple layout would work well with all sorts of patterned paper.  I should take my own advice, and use up some of my extensive paper collection in this way!


Product List
Stamparatus
[148187]
$85.00

No comments:

Post a Comment