Wednesday, April 8, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! MASCULINE BIRTHDAY CARDS

To provide a slight respite from all the flowery cards I've been bombarding you with lately, today's post contains a couple of simple masculine birthday cards.  Whilst I've been loving creating with floral stamps and papers, I realised I don't have on hand many cards suitable for males.

My jumping-off point for these cards was this awesome colour combination:


I used cardstock in the three dark colours, and used the same colours of ink (as each piece of card) to randomly stamp images from a few stamp sets that are good for masculine cards.  I used Crackle Paint, Geared Up Garage, Artisan Textures, Gallery Grunge and Rooted in Nature.  After adhering the panels of card to a piece of Whisper White card, I ran them through my Big Shot with embossing folders.

This first card was embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder:



My second design, using the same colours, but mixing up the order, was embossed with the Basket Weave 3D embossing folder:



I white-embossed my favourite birthday sentiment stamp (from Perennial Birthday) on Night of Navy card, and cut it using the perfectly-sized stitched rectangle die from Ornate Layers.  Leaves Trinkets (attached with Tombow Liquid Glue), and some denim ribbon, are simple finishing touches.

Listed below are all the Stampin' Up! products I used to make these cards.  If male cards are not your thing, I hope this simple design concept helps to make them seem a little less intimidating!


Product List
Stamparatus
[148187]
$85.00
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

No comments:

Post a Comment