Tuesday, July 28, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! STITCHED STARS MASCULINE BIRTHDAY CARD 1

If you're a long-time follower of my blog, you will know that I love to make masculine birthday cards.  I think that the dark and moody patterned papers from the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper pack lend themselves well to "guy" cards.  These papers are intended for Halloween, but I like to use things in an unexpected way sometimes.

I started off by adhering a stitched rectangle die-cut piece of Cajun Craze, to a larger Whisper White panel.  I had cut numerous stars from the DSP, using my Stitched Stars dies ... these were glued over the two matted card panels, and any overhanging points were cut off with Paper Snips.  I ran the decorated panels through my die-cutting and embossing machine, using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.  I then matted these layers onto some Pretty Peacock card, and a Basic Black card base.



The sentiment on the front of the card is from Happiest of Birthdays, I added a simple, not-too-fussy, decoration inside the card, courtesy of my So Much Happy stamp set:


The black rhinestones I used on the card are no longer current, and the papers aren't yet orderable (they will be coming out on 4th August, so not long now!), but all other products I used are listed below.  They're available to purchase from my online store, if you live in Australia.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment