Monday, July 26, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! HEART OF CHRISTMAS - WEEK 4


Monday night means it's time for some of my Stampin' Up! friends and me to share Christmas projects made using Stampin' Up! products.

Tonight I am showcasing a new product bundle that will be released on 3rd August.  It's called the Words of Cheer bundle, and I just love the layering options for the die-cut words, especially.



I have used my favourite Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper, that can be found in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalogue.  The colour combination of Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler is already a firm favourite in my Christmas crafting repertoire this year.

I cut the "leafy" word from Soft Succulent card, then the individual letters from Evening Evergreen card.  Because these die cuts are quite delicate, it's a good idea to place some Adhesive Sheet on the back of the card you're going to cut; it makes adhering them to your card much cleaner.  After placing the word "Cheer" on my Ornate Layers rectangle, I added some die cut holly leaves and berries.  Those tiny berries are fiddly, but aren't they beautiful?



The stamped sentiment was created with a stamp that says "Sending you Christmas cheer".  I placed a strip of washi tape over the last word on the stamp, inked it up in Cherry Cobbler ink, and removed the washi tape before stamping the sentiment on the Basic White Ornate Layers rectangle.  This masking technique makes sentiment stamps so much more versatile.

A bow made from Soft Succulent Open Weave ribbon is the only embellishment I added to my card.  I just love all the delicate detail in the die-cut words, and added holly; I think it's enough!



Next up on tonight's blog hop is Rachel Woollard, who I'm sure has a gorgeous creation to share with us all.   If you click on the button below, you'll be taken to her blog.



If any links are broken, or you'd like to see a comprehensive list of all participants in this week's blog hop, you can go to Tina Gillespie's blog.  Tina is hosting this week's share.

Tomorrow I will be sharing a variation on this card, using the same pack of paper, but in a slightly different colourway.  I hope you will come back tomorrow to see my next Words of Cheer card.

Listed below are all the current products used on my card.  I can't yet link to Words of Cheer in my online store, as the stamps and dies don't become available until 3rd August.  Not long to wait now!




Product List

10 comments:

  1. Christine I had totally overlooked this bundle but you are such an enabler with this gorgeous card. Love the combination of colours - just love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great bundle Christine and the framing and detail around the word ‘Cheer’ is just beautiful. Thanks for the masking tip I always forget to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Words of Cheer bundle coordinates perfectly with the Tidings of Christmas DSP Christine. What a great idea to use them together. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard26 July, 2021 21:00

    Stunning card Christine, the die cuts go perfectly with the Tidings and Trimmings DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty indeed, Christine. I wasn't sure about the vertical style of this die, but you have made it look fantastic. This DSP has finally made it into my home due to your gorgeous creations & I can't wait to get crafting with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card. I've only just started using the adhesive sheets and they make such a difference. To now I have been using post it notes to mask when stamping so thanks for the idea to use washi tape. I agree with Cathy thanks being such a good enabler yet again !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful card, Christine. Your choice of DSP pattern has sold me on getting this pack. I wasn’t fussed at all initially. It’s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Christine. It definitely was worth the effort to add the fiddly holly and berries as they look great. The whole card comes together so well - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous card, I love the colours and all that effort to put the holly and berries is just beautiful. I was trying not to get anymore Christmas products but I think I might have to now! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The die and and the DSP are a great combination together!

    ReplyDelete