Monday, September 4, 2023

HOC WEEK 5: STAMPIN' UP! A WALK IN THE FOREST TREE CHRISTMAS TREE CARD

 




My card for this week's Heart of Christmas blog hop is all about the beautiful papers in the pack called A Walk in the Forest, coming out in a few days' time (6th September).  This beautiful paper is included in Stampin' Up!'s giveback program.  For every pack of this paper sold in Australia, Stampin' Up! will donate $4.25 to Anglicare.  Let's all contribute to helping people in need of assistance from this charity.




Several of the trees in this pack of patterned paper can be cut out with the Merriest Trees Dies.  All three of the base trees on my card were cut from the Designer Series Paper.  I white heat-embossed the sentiment on a piece of Old Olive card, cut it out using a smaller Merriest Trees Die, and adhered it to the right-hand base tree. (The sentiment is cropped rather too closely with this sized die, but I think I can get away with it!)

In this closer photo, you can also see the other two papers used on the bottom half of my card front - the beautiful pine needle pattern, and a thin strip of Shaded Spruce paper on which the little bows sit.  I stamped the bows in Real Red ink on Basic White card, and cut them out using the Merriest Trees Dies.

The Basic White upper panel, embossed with a Cheery Patterns embossing folder, makes me think of a swirly, starry night sky.




My favourite part of this whole, simple, card ... I adorned the middle tree with 13 of my favourite Adhesive-Backed Glitter Sequins!  Aren't they gorgeous?




Next up on tonight's blog hop is Judy May.   If you click on the graphic below, you'll be taken to her blog:




If you come across a broken link, or would like to see a full list of participants in this week's blog hop, head over to Sharon Davern's blog.  Sharon does a fantastic job of co-ordinating our Christmas shares every week.

The Merriest Trees Bundle (comprising the stamps and dies I used on my card), Cheery Patterns Embossing Folders, A Walk in the Forest Designer Series Paper, and Adhesive-Backed Glitter Sequins are all new products being released on 6th September.  I can't yet link to them in my online store, but you might just want to add them to your wish list!



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Christine, 13 gems OMG! I love your three Christmas trees layered together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all thos gorgeous sequins, Christine, I think it is a very glamous tree! The whited embossed sentiment looks great, and I wouldn't hve noticed that it was cropped closely, until you mentioned it. A lovely card with those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous Christmas tree card Christine. As Kate said, I wouldn’t have noticed the close die cutting of your sentiment if you hadn’t mentioned it - it all blends into the tree it sits on beautifully. I must have a closer look at the Walk in the Forrest DSP - it looks amazing on your card; and those sequins - they will be on my next order. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely trio of trees, Christine and the sequins do look amazing on it. The embossed panel is fab, I haven't seen that new design in use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Merriest Trees one of the best bundles in this mini? I really love it too. So this is the card with the numerous gems lol! That embossing folder is a perfect choice and I agree it is like swirly starry night. Those little red bows are a very cute addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that embossing folder swirly starry sky, Christine and especially all the sequins on your tree. You've showcased the Walk in the Forest DSP so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine such a clever idea to stamp the sentiment onto card stock and adhere to your die cut tree. I’ve totally missed that embossing folder used for the sky but looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a girl has just gotta get her bling on!!!!! Fantastic card Christine and hardly simple. I love all the texture and details. Your choice of embossing folder was inspired. It really does give a sense of movement, just like the sky.

    ReplyDelete