Friday, January 1, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! ART GALLERY CARDS - SNEAK PEEK

 Leading up to the release, on 5th January, of Stampin' Up!'s January - June Mini Catalogue, I have a few samples to show you using beautiful new products.

The Art Gallery bundle, and co-ordinating Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper, makes it easy to make gorgeous cards with few supplies.

One of my favourite designs in the paper pack has a Smoky Slate background.  Here is the first of a couple of cards I have made with it.


I die-cut the words from Whisper White card, then lightly applied Pool Party ink (using a blending brush) to the bottom half of the letters.  A scalloped oval die-cut piece of vellum helps the words to stand out a little from the background.  The stamped sentiment, white-embossed on a piece of Pretty Peacock card, was cut using the smaller of two label dies in the Art Gallery bundle:



To mimic the oval on the front of the card, I adhered a partial scalloped oval (die cut from the DSP) to the inside of the card.  This paper is too pretty not to add extra bits!


Using the same supplies, I made a second card.  This time I die-cut the words from Smoky Slate card, and adhered them directly to the background paper, as I wanted them to be more subtle.


The sentiment on this card is stamped in Pretty Peacock ink on a scrap of Whisper White card.  I used the longer label die from the bundle, to cut it out.  As on the first card, I've used Pool Party sheer ribbon.  I added both Woven Threads sequins, and Whale of A Time sequins, to this card.  Inside the card, I attached a horizontal strip of the DSP to the bottom of the Whisper White liner.  (I didn't photograph it, but it's there!)







No comments:

Post a Comment