Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LITTLE BLACK BIRD ..... Two-step Bird Punch

I am boy-less tonight, and have a million projects I really should be working on, but as soon as I saw this gorgeous card on Becky Oehler's blog I just HAD to make my own version!!

One of the new products just released by Stampin' Up! in Australia, and one that you're sure to see LOTS of in the blog-o-sphere, is the XL Two-Step Bird Punch.  It is simply adorable, and very versatile, as the three components - the bird's body, the wing, and the branch - all punch out separately.

Here is my simple little card - a little wonky, but, hey, that proves it's handmade, don't you think?!



Black bird card



That fabulous tag, on which I've stamped the greeting, was cut out by using the new Lots of Tags Sizzlits dies, in the Big Shot.  There are four tag/label designs - love them!!



Here are the products used to make this card:

Stamps: Cheep Talk (tiny flower), Polka Dot background

Card: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Basic Black

Ink: Whisper White craft stampin' pad, Basic Black marker, White Signo gel pen

Other: Buttons from the Bouquet and Sherbet selections, XL Two-Step Bird Punch, Yellow rhinestone brad (from Fire Circles selection), mini glue dots, Lots of Tags Sizzlit die, kitchen string
  

4 comments:

  1. This is soo pretty!!! I love the buttons and the little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonky?...it's perfect! Just love the way you've used the buttons as a feature. Gorgeous colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet Christine. Can't wait till I get my hands on these new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I must of missed some posts, stunning, wonking? where?I love it...
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete