Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Featuring my (self-appointed) Stampin' Up! assistant.....

Ethan, my 9-year-old, is almost as enthusiastic as I am about Stampin' Up!  He's a creative little soul, and loves to spend time with me and my friends in my craft room.  He has very definite ideas in his mind, of how his cards and scrapbook pages are going to look, and he just whips them up.  Ethan is forever complaining that I've made only one card in the time he has made 4 or 5!


So, today (at the prompting of his doting aunty), I have decided to show you some of the cards made by Ethan, using predominantly Stampin' Up! products.


These first two showcase Ethan's favourite stamp from the Pun Fun set:


Ethan's rocket cards


I like how the right-hand card looks like a rocket, illuminated by the moon, blasting through the night sky!



Next up are two cards featuring the cute, cheeky-looking monkey (much like Ethan, really), from Fox & Friends:


Ethan's monkey cards


I helped with tying the ribbon, but other than that, it's all his own work.  Pretty good design skills, don't you think?!



Ethan didn't want to miss out on all the fun of the new Two-Step Bird Punch, and Top Note Die, at the recent stamp night I had with my girlfriends.  He sat (relatively) quietly at the end of the table, and came up with this beauty:


Ethan's bird card


He laughed at the fact that he'd cut the strip of ribbon a little short.  We could probably all learn a lesson from that!  (I'm speaking to myself there; I am rather uptight about things being 'just right', but, really, does it make a difference to the beauty of the card??)



Lastly, a card that I think is particularly great.  Ethan has borrowed from my sister a retired Stampin' Up! set called Googlie Eyes.  I really love the bottom panel on this card - take a look:


Ethan's Halloween card


What do you think?  I formally apologise to Ethan for putting 'flowery' paper in the background of this photo - he was mortified!  I chose it 'cos it has orange tones.


I hope these pictures bring a smile to your face, as they do to that of Ethan's proud Mummy.
 
  
 



10 comments:

  1. He is a real little trouper that boy of yours, putting up with us laughing ladies on stamp night. Great cards Ethan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's brilliant - that last card is fun all right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I love your blog. You have great ideas and beautiful work!
    Ethan, love all your cards. My absolute fave would be the last one, Happy Boo To You.
    TFS.
    Cheers Donna Zammit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Ethan they look fantastic. Great job.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ethan...you've got style! Your cards are all great...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice..so I see the talent runs in the family..Great work Ethan..Now we know where your mum gets all her talent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got a great little crafter there Chris! Well done Ethan (: Your blog is looking great too Christine keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards Ethan. Love your designs. That Googlie Eyes set looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't seen the Pun Fun cards before (see why you needed to post them Mummy? lol). LOVE your work, Ethan. I'm thinking I'll have to "CASE" a few of these :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Ethan's cards are wonderful and I think it is great that you both can share the joys of stamping. I love making cards with my kids, even if sometime I do worry about how they use some of my crafting things, but I do have to say that their ideas are always original.

    ReplyDelete