Wednesday, December 2, 2020

AWHT COLOUR CREATIONS SHOWCASE - WEEK 27: MINT MACARON

 


This week's colour, that will feature in all the creations of the Colour Creations Showcase participants, is Mint Macaron.  I love this soft green, and can see it being used a whole lot more with the bundle of products I've chosen to highlight on my card tonight.  Cathy Proctor co-ordinates our weekly shares, and she has a comprehensive list on her blog of everyone taking part in tonight's showcase.

One of the gorgeous new product bundles coming out next month, in Stampin' Up!'s January - June 2021 Mini Catalogue, is the Simply Succulents bundle.  The stamps and dies are all beautiful, and I find them a refreshing change from florals (even though I do love flowers!).

The die-cut background piece on my card is a single die-cut using an intricate die from the Potted Succulents die set.  In addition to this lovely die, the set contains dies to cut out several stamped succulent images, the pot, and a couple of other small succulents to complement the other stamps and dies.  There are four label dies, to use with sentiments, too.


For my card today, I've chosen to use a sentiment from the Many Messages bundle, which contains one large multi-sentiment stamp, and a large die containing lots of label shapes, to cut out all the sentiments.  Check out the sweet scalloped, and stitched, edge, on this one:



The succulents on my card were stamped onto Thick Whisper White card, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then coloured them with Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends (the lower, hanging, succulents), Mint Macaron and Purple Posy Stampin' Blends (the large focal plants), and Old Olive and Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends (the succulents at the top).  The pot/bucket is coloured with Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends, and the Color Lifter Blends pen.



Along the bottom of the die-cut main panel, I adhered a thin scalloped strip of Purple Posy Designer Series Paper (from the 2019-2021 In Color 6"x6" Designer Series Paper pack).  It was cut with a Stitched Be Mine border die.  To complement the white-embossed Basic Black sentiment label, I added a bow made with Playful Pets trim.  The pot of succulents is mounted onto a Stitched Rectangle, die cut from In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.  (Please ignore the obvious glue dot underneath the tail of the bow - I've fixed that!)



Please go to Cathy's blog to see everyone else's Mint Macaron creations.  We hope you feel inspired to use this lovely colour, and we'd be very happy for you to leave us some comment love, if you like what you see.




6 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful! I love how the scalloped Purple Posy piece at the bottom reflects the colours in the main succulents, which are coloured beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome colouring, Christine! This is by far the best card I've seen using these new products. Love how the sentiment piece ties in with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Christine. I love the little tips of Purple Posy on the large succulent and the little scalloped edge in the same colour. The black and white add a lovely contrast to the Mint Macaron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine your colouring is AMAZING! I love your mix of greens - Mint Macaroon is just the perfect colour for that succulent. Thank you for inspiring us all with your Mint Macaron Creation this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Christine - that background die is amazing! And perfect in Mint Macaron! But what I love most is your use of the Smoky Slate DSP layer and your beautiful treatment of the pot with Smoky Slate Blends. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about your card! At first the die cut piece caught my eye and then the colour drew me in. You've done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete