Friday, January 27, 2017

JAI #344: STAMPIN' UP! SWIRLY BIRD BIRTHDAY CARD

Kim has chosen this cool inspiration pic for our challenge at Just Add Ink this week:


I based the layout of my card on the colours and elements in the picture.  The top portion of my card is a piece of wavy-patterned paper from By the Shore Designer Series Paper.  I used a panel of diagonally-striped Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Paper below the blue paper.

I was inspired by the shape of the woman's hat, to use the Swirly Scribble dies, to create a little nest for a Calypso Coral bird (the reddish band on the hat looked a coral colour on my computer monitor).



Be sure to check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team's creations, inspired by the photo Kim chose.  We hope you feel inspired to share your creation with us, too ... perhaps you'll draw inspiration from the colours, or shapes, or both, in the photo.  Half the fun of these challenges is seeing how differently people interpret an inspiration piece.

I have listed below all the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card.  If you would like to buy the products for yourself, clicking on one of the thumbnail images will take you direct to my online store.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Christine! Your little bird in his nest is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun combination of papers and textures, Christine! And I love your wee bird in his nest - so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever take on the hat Christine!Love the layers and design too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the different takes everybody has on inspiration pics Christine. A nest never crossed my mind but I can completely see how you came to it! Your coral bird adds the perfect bright pop of colour. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Christine!!! I love all the inspiration elements you've incorporated to create your own unique card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful card Christine and I love how you've used inspiration from the pic!

    ReplyDelete