Friday, June 22, 2012

JUST ADD INK #123 : A SKETCH CHALLENGE

This week at Just Add Ink, Mae has come up with another great sketch to challenge us!  Here it is (sorry about the blurriness - not quite sure what happened there):






I opted to make a little (10.5cm) square card, using Peach Parfait as a dominant colour.  I had a little office clip in orange, that was perfect for my colour scheme.  My Stampin' Up! Color Coach suggested I team Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red with Peach Parfait.

In spite of a near-disaster of the "white gel pen" kind, I managed to complete my card. (I'm sure most papercrafters have had many headaches with white gel pens ... just when I found one that has been reliable, it threatened to run out of ink as I was trying to create my faux stitching.  Crisis was averted, thankfully, but another one is going on my SU! order today!)






The Baja Breeze pocket is raised up using Stampin' Dimensionals, so the little insert can be pulled out:



Stamps: Best of Everything
Card: Peach Parfait, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
DSP: Peach Parfait Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Peach Parfait, Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze stampin' pads, Peach Parfait marker
Other: Word Window punch, Corner rounder punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Peach Parfait poly-stitched ribbon, mini glue dots, sponge daubers, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool, white gel pen, stampin' dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, office clip (not SU!)



Please check out the rest of the Design Team's beautiful samples at Just Add Ink.  We hope to see you join in on our challenge.




12 comments:

  1. Nice cards!
    Greetings Mieke'S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine what a sweet little card and I love that little orange paper clip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Christine. Love the stamp set you've used and the twine finish is perfect.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Christine, the colours are lovely together, and the stamp is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual Christine, you never disappoint. Another awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find the gel pens very temperamental too! I found some white artist pencils in the $2 shop and they are a good back up! Love the colour combos! Should use my colour coach a little more often! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a little cutie :)Love the twine and just the perfect sentiment for the birdy!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card, love the little clip. I love that stamp set, its still on my wish list :) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet little creation Christine (& more awesome twine trimming too!) Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is, this card is absolutely adorable! Love that little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Christine and I just love that little bird. I forget to look at my colour coach - great tip Christine - I might actually start using brighter colours if I could find it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This just makes me smile...:0) love the Peach and Baja combo and your very cute little bird, plus all the other embellies of course! xxx

    ReplyDelete