Friday, June 29, 2012

JAI #124: A COLOUR CHALLENGE

This week at Just Add Ink, Mae has set a stunning colour challenge, and you are going to LOVE the variety of samples from the Design Team.



I've gone for my favourite kind of card - one for the boys.  These are GREAT colours for a masculine project.




Stamps: Extreme Elements, Grunge Rock
Card: Marina Mist textured, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso stampin' pad and marker, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi stampin' pads
Other: Labels Collection Framelits die, In Color Glimmer brads, Mat Pack and paper piercing tool, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Houndstooth embossing folder, stampin' dimensionals, sponge daubers, multi-purpose liquid glue, Fishtail banner dies (not SU!)


Make sure you go to Just Add Ink to see the rest of the Design Team's creations with this gorgeous colour combination.  We hope you play along with us - we'd love to see how you use these colours on a papercraft project!




12 comments:

  1. Your male, & particularly EE, cards ROCK Christine!!! Love how you have combined the colours/elements, & taken the framelit shape into masculine territory. All those splattery spots are fabulous too - think I need to invest in a spritzer! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect we will see a lot of male cards ... Because this colour combo is perfect! And we all need help with those pesky male cards! Sounds like you don't struggle the way I of! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect we will see a lot of male cards ... Because this colour combo is perfect! And we all need help with those pesky male cards! Sounds like you don't struggle the way I of! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card!!
    I love so much about this card but in particular the glimmer brads and the chevrons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guy card, Christine. I love, love, love that grungy background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chevron pattern you have created and the awesome grungy look for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome combination of grunge, texture, love the stars spilling out from the splatter, and a little hint of sparkle!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great guy card Christine! You are an expert now! I love all the grungyness and yet you managed to add some rock god sparkle as well and it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this one Christine! You definitely are the Queen of Boy Cards in my book! You always manage to rock the grunginess needed for boy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent card and design!!!!
    the distressing is awesome!!!
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the patterns and distressing. Such a rockin' card for a guy!

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Masculine cards can be so hard to create. You rocked this one! The colors are perfect and love the guitar ... a great birthday card! I like seeing the "tasteful trim die" used - I've been considering that tool. Enjoy your 4th and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete