Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CARD FOR MY DAD

This month's So Shelli Creative Challenge is focussed on Father's Day, which is observed in the US and Canada next month.  Down here in the southern hemisphere, Dads have to wait until September for this celebration of them ..... but I figured I could be super-organised, and get a card ready for my father!

I pulled out my favourite masculine papers, Stampin' Up!'s Well Worn collection, and chose one of the sheets that I hadn't even cut into yet.  I tend to favour the earthy, brown-toned papers, but decided to show some love to the blue piece that has some River Rock and Cajun Craze touches.  I then reached for my "go to" male stamp set of the moment - Up, Up & Away.

Here's what I came up with:




Stamps: Up, Up & Away; Wonderfully Worn; For My Family; Texture stampin' around wheel
Card: River Rock textured and smooth, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy
DSP: Well Worn Designer Series Paper
Ink: River Rock, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy stampin' pads
Other: Labels Collection Framelits dies, stamp-a-ma-jig, Not Quite Navy taffeta ribbon, Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Square Lattice embossing folder, Regals brads, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool, sponge daubers

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely on a roll Girlfriend! Yes, they are great "male" papers Christine & I love that you have used the diamond pattern as your sky & then stamped the birds over it. Fabulous card for your Dad. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome card, you are on fire Christine, love your use of the DSP and gorgeous colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete