Friday, November 20, 2015

JAI # 289: STAMPIN' UP! DELICATE ORNAMENTS CHRISTMAS CARD

Patrice has set our challenge at Just Add Ink this week ... our brief is to "Just Add Music" to a papercraft project.

I just love the Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper, in Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Catalogue.  I have included a piece of the music sheet paper on my card today, along with a couple of new items.  This is the first time I have cut (with success) the intricate overlay from the Delicate Ornaments thinlits collection.  It took a few tries, with varying thicknesses of shims, to get a good result .... this is where the Precision Base Plate comes into its own, I'm sure.  I don't (yet) have the base plate, so used a metal shim already in my craft stash, and got a beautiful clean cut.  So, if you're having a bit of trouble with this die, do persist - it's worth it!  The other "new to me" item I have used is the Antique Tags stamp set (able to be earnt for free, with a qualifying order of $250 or more).  Every stamp in this set co-ordinates with a punch or a die in Stampin' Up!'s range - awesome!

I have let the lovely Designer Series Paper take centre stage on this card; the only stamping is the sentiment. 



Listed below are all the gorgeous Stampin' Up! products used to make this card.  You can go direct to my online store, to purchase them for yourself, if you click on any of the thumbnail images. (NB: Antique Tags may not be purchased, other than with Stampin' Rewards.)

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Be sure to check out the rest of the "music" creations of the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team.  We would love it if you played along in our challenge!


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00

4 comments:

  1. Oooh this is delightfully vintage Christine! You always mix DSP beautifully and I love the bow you added to the ornament too - such a great 3D touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! What a wonderfully festive Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous way to showcase the fabulous DSP Christine! And I love your multi coloured ornament topped with the rich green bow too! So fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really sweet Chrissie card. Love your traditional colour choices, and the mix of dsp - that holly is so pretty. Looks like you had so much fun creating this one. xx

    ReplyDelete