Tuesday, September 16, 2014

STAMPIN' UP! KIND KOALA ... ROSE RED AND HEXAGONS

A lovely new friend allowed me to stamp out some images using her Kind Koala stamp, that I have yet to buy.  Beware ... there may be several koala posts coming up in the next week or so, as I stamped several of these cuties!

I have put my Blendabilities to work; Stampin' Up!'s alcohol based markers are perfect for colouring in the little koala.  My first card in the koala series came together from 'bits and pieces' I had on my craft desk.  Rose Red is a colour I very seldom use, but I had stamped a piece of Rose Red card with the 'bubbly' image from my So Very Happy stamp set.  This stamped panel was on my desk, along with a Hexagon Hive die-cut from Back to Black Designer Series Paper.  I put the two together, which determined my colour scheme for the card.  One of my favourite features of my Kind Koala cards is the shiny nose of each koala.  I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to colour the nose, then covered it in Crystal Effects, which dries hard and shiny.  Too cute!  Here's what I ended up with:





If you click on the images below, you'll be taken to my online store, where you can buy the Stampin' Up! products used on my card.  Be sure to come back for more koala cuteness in the coming days!



No comments:

Post a Comment