Monday, May 20, 2013

STAMPIN' UP! STIPPLED BLOSSOMS - CLASS CARDS PART 1

This month I've run a couple of classes focussing on the beautiful Stippled Blossoms stamp set.  This two-step stamp set provides a real "wow" result, when you stamp the overlay image over the solid base image.

I am sharing with you today the first two cards we made in class.

The first card was inspired by the work of a German SU! demonstrator, Nadine - here is her card.  I love the tiny flags created with the Bitty Banners framelits.  My chosen colour scheme for this card is River Rock and Bravo Burgundy - two of the colours that will retire from Stampin' Up!'s range at the beginning of July.


 
 
Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Bring on the Cake
Card: Very Vanilla River Rock, Bravo Burgundy
Ink: River Rock and Bravo Burgundy stampin' pads
Other: Bitty Banners Framelits, Scallop Edge border punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
 
 
 
 
 
The next card we made was using the colour combo of Summer Starfruit and Basic Gray.  This card has a much less 'formal' look about it, and uses the smaller flower from the set.
 
 
 
 
Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Perfect Punches
Card: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
DSP: Summer Starfruit Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Summer Starfruit and Basic Gray stampin' pads, Versamark inkpad
Other: Pewter embossing powder, XL Oval punch, Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches, Borders Scoring Plate and Simply Scored tool, Neutrals brad, sponge daubers, Stamp-a-ma-jig, stampin' dimensionals
 
 
Tomorrow I'll post the other two cards we made in the Stippled Blossoms classes.  I hope I inspire you to get out this gorgeous stamp set (and buy it, if you don't own it already!), and have a play.
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Fab cards Christine as always, I love this stamps set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Christine. I love the burgundy and river rock card. Who'd have thought those two colours would look so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, both lovely cards,I must use my 2 step stamps more!
    love the affect on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely Christine!!
    Gorgeous cards mate, i love the SUmmer starfruit and grey one!! Personal favourite colours there!!!
    Are you going to COnvention this year?? I am and would love to have a hug!! Ohh could you keep me a swap too????
    HOpe to see you there!
    Hugs and smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Karren, this is a combination I have never used together before - but is totally gorgeous! Love both of your cards Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both gorgeous, but l looove the colours on the first one, such a lovely combination. xxx

    ReplyDelete