Monday, July 23, 2012

DYNAMIC DUOS #12: STAMPIN' UP! FLOWER FANCY

This week at Dynamic Duos, there is a GLORIOUS colour combination!




Poppy Parade is a gorgeous orangey-red, that looks really elegant with black.  In addition to the colour challenge, we have the option of using punches on our project.

I had an idea in mind, using a bold, glossy flower - but I covered the flower in Crystal Effects over 24 hours ago, and it's still not dry!  It's a bit chilly here at the moment!  So, "Plan B" kicked in, and here's what I came up with:







...... and a close-up of the cute bow I created, courtesy of my new Bow-Easy (now I see what the fuss is about!):






Stamps: Flower Fancy, Just Believe
Card: Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Poppy Parade stampin' pad and marker, Basic Black marker, Versamark ink pad
Other: Black embossing powder, Basic Black satin ribbon, In Color Glimmer brad, Mat Pack and paper-piercing tool, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Lace Ribbon border punch, Corner Rounder punch, butterfly punch (not SU!), mini glue dots


Well, I certainly 'went to town' with the "dessert option" of punches - I used 5 punches on this card!



If my glossy flower ever dries, I'll see if I can come up with another card for this challenge .... but in the event I don't, at least I had fun with this one!





8 comments:

  1. I love Plan B - and I do hope you show us Plan A at some point. So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos. (My Bow-Easy changed my life!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy indeed! great use of the DD challenge colours and that "BOW" is perfect! I agree with Kim, l loooove my bow easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your trio of butterflies. Who would ever think a little piece of plastic could change our lives? I know I could not make it without my bow easy....or at least there would not be very many bows on my creations! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, as well! I really, really like Flower Fancy so why don't I use it more often LOL. And Poppy Parade has just started to grow on me - now that it's about to be retired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning mix of the colours Christine & the white space you have incorporated in the design makes it very crisp! Love the subtle details you add, especially the lace ribbon border, giving "weight" to the base of the design. Fabulous! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous! Such a striking design! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Christine, love your elegant bow. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect bow on your sweet card! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete