Tuesday, September 20, 2011

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR MY BOY

Ethan, my baby (even though he HATES me calling him that!) is 11 today.  He's almost as tall as his mother, but not too grown up for me to steal lots of cuddles ... even if his arms aren't involved.

The birthday boy requested a card that was "Crumb Cake, White and Blue".  "Blue" is pretty general, when it comes to Stampin' Up! colours, and I'm not sure if these are the blues Ethan had in mind, but here's the card I made for him.  The new hostess stamp set called Happiest Birthday Wishes features prominently - LOVE this set.





Here's a close-up of the sentiment.  Four Frames is one of my FAVOURITE new stamp sets; it can be customised in so many ways.  I stamped off some stars in Crumb Cake, overstamped the sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes, then used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the frame over the top.  I punched it out with the Decorative Label punch, sponged the edges, and mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Cool, yes?


Stamps: Extreme Elements, Happiest Birthday Wishes, Four Frames, Pennant Parade
Card: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise textured
DSP: Crumb Cake Patterns Designer Series Paper, Good Morning Sunshine (retired)
Ink: Crumb Cake and Tempting Turquoise stampin' pads, Pacific Point stampin' pad and marker
Other: Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool, Decorative Label punch, Cupcake Builder punch, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Stripes embossing folder, sponge dauber



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my little man!!  Thanks to Renee Van Stralen for the idea for this card :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh now this is PERFECT for the birthday boy! Don't those colours look lovely together hey?

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN

    I love your choice of blues Christine, Ethan's whole colour choice was inspired because it looks great, has he been studying the colour coach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Ethan! Woo hoo 11 is very cool!!!

    Love this ice cream card - very similar to the 11th b'day card Trish made for my master 11 a few weeks ago.

    Excellent way to use the Four Frames stamp.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this card! Such a unique design and I love the use of the background stamps too. Who would have thought am ice cream card would be so perfect for an 11yo male card! You are too clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kids card. So glad you convinced me I needed that set ;0)
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this card is fabulous Christine! Love the split background panels, the clever placement of the sentiment within the frame, the cute ice-cream & of course, the colour scheme. I love it & I'm sure Ethan did too. Hope he had a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete