Saturday, September 24, 2011

BLOG HOP - NEW STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS

I'm taking part today in a blog hop with friends, to share some papercraft projects we've created with products from the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue.  There are 9 of us in total; please visit all of our blogs, and leave a bit of comment love.  Hopefully you'll be inspired by all the different ideas we're sharing with you.  You may have come from Ros Davidson's blog, to start, but if not you can visit her after doing the rounds!  Just click on the link at the end of each blog post, to go on to the next person.

There are SO many new products that I've fallen in love with, in this catalogue.  I decided to focus my projects on two stamp sets, to show you how differently they can be used.  "Delicate Doilies" was a must-have set for me, as was "Tagtastic" - one of the new hostess sets.  This is a set that can be earnt by spending $300 or more, or holding a home workshop with sales of $300 or more.  (Believe me, it's not hard to spend over $300 with this catalogue!!)

My first card is in neutral tones, which I love to work with.   I've enjoyed playing with several new products, to make this card!  I made the shabby bow by wetting some Crumb Cake seam binding with Champagne Shimmer Mist (shimmer paint mixed with Isocol, in a spray bottle).  I scrunched the ribbon, and dried it with my heat gun, before creating the bow. 



Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Tagtastic
Card: Confetti White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Soft Suede stampin' pads, Whisper White craft stampin' pad
Other: Crumb Cake seam binding, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, Champagne shimmer mist, Antique Brads, Glimmer Brads basics, sponge dauber, mini glue dots


The colour inspiration for my next card came from the Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Papers in our new catalogue.  I've chosen to work with Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo ..... and my long-neglected Stampin' Pastels (chalks) have been shown some love.

I stamped the large doily randomly, on Whisper White card, using Whisper White craft ink.  This is a slow-drying, juicy, ink that is perfect for applying colour with Stampin' Pastels and sponge daubers.


Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Tagtastic
Card: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Ink: Whisper White craft stampin' pad, Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie stampin' pads
Other: Stampin' Pastels, sponge daubers, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Fleurettes II, Ice Cream Parlor button, Circles #2 die, 1 3/4" circle punch, white thread, mini glue dots



For my third project, I decided I wanted to use the new Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper.  I chose the lined sheet (just like note paper), and used Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Pool Party inks to stamp doilies all over the paper.  I've ended up using only a couple of small 7.5cm squares of the stamped paper, to decorate a Fancy Favor box.  Here is the finished product, stuffed with tissue paper, just waiting for the addition of some jewellery, chocolate, or some such delicious gift:





Here is a closer view of the front of the box.  I adhered a stamped panel (without the sentiment, ribbon and rhinestones) to the back of the box, too.


Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Tagtastic, Delightful Decorations
Card: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
DSP: Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Pool Party and Basic Gray stampin' pads
Other: Curly Label punch, sponge daubers, Basic Rhinestones, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Fancy Favor die, Big Shot, mini glue dots


I could go on and on, because the possibilities with these stamp sets really are endless, but I will stop now!  I hope I've inspired you to play with these stamp sets.  I had a lot of fun making these projects.

The next stop on the blog hop is Alisha Watson's blog.  Alisha's creativity is sure to inspire you - it always inspires me!  Thanks for your visit today.


 
Here's a full list of all the participants in today's blog hop. 



19 comments:

  1. lovely projects Christine, perhaps I am coming round to the doilies now I can see them as snowflakes LOL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely cards Christine - how gorgeous is that first one in the neutral tones? Sure to convert any non-doily lover back fron the dark side!! (Yes you know who you are, Nikki & Elaine :o) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine I'm gobsmacked at how beautiful the first card it!! I never imagined that stamp set in that way - stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christine. LOVE your neutral card especially. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Christine - love all your cards especially the first one. Who on earth would have thought of putting Soft Suede with White (Confetti White)?? Love how you have showcased the Doiles - maybe I should add them to my Wish List.
    Margaret K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Christine! I love your projects, but my favourite is the first card. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine they are stunning as always, I love this set too, I havent used it with neutrals yet but after seeing your first card it is the next thing I will try, I love them all but the first is my Fav. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all of these examples, must get those doily stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, all of these creations are wonderful! I especially like the gorgeous colourful 2nd project - those colours looks so effective together and I will have to try that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all stunning projects, but l must say the first one is absolutely gorgeous...the colours, layout & the seam binding bow are just a perfect combination!...l feel a case coming up..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now Christine, you know I am not into these doilies but I do love what you have created with this stamp set. I don't know if I would ever be able to purchase a whole set of doilies but this beautiful display has opened up my eyes to this set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous showcase of Delicate Doilies, Christine. Especially love the first card as it is so elegant and the bow is 'to die for'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Christine!
    I"M SPEECHLESS.... i mean what you can you say with such awesomeness infront of you! Can you believe that first card?!?!?!? DOn't get me wrong, I love them all but that first one, the crumb cake number.... the detail, the vintageness, the bow, the colours of the dollies, Christine it's soooooooooooooooooooo
    pretty!!! Totally stunning, absolutely AMAZING!!!!! LOVE IT!!
    HUgs to you Sharnee :)
    P.S thanks to for your wonderfully, beautiful card you sent me, I posted about it! SOoooo thoughtful!!! M'WAH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all gorgeous projects Christine! It's amazing how versatile this stamp set is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards Christine, my fave is the first one, I love what you did with that in those colours, it has sold me on that stamp set, may just have to case it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - love them all. That first one is a triple wow with a flip. How gorgeous is that bow, and those colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful, Christine. You continue to inspire me with your amazing creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've finally added Delicate Doilies to my order! I know, I know, bit behind the times....absolutely love each of your projects, but the top one stands out by far to me, love the colours.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous trio of projects Christine. You've shown how versatile those doilies can be! I absolutely LOVE the neutral card. The stamped panel is stunning & your crinkled bow = fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete