Tuesday, April 12, 2011

COLOR LAB CHALLENGE #36

Thanks to my friend Kris, I was prompted to check out this week's Color Lab Challenge.  I've been a bit remiss in keeping up with my usual favourites this past week, as I've had to work three days in a row (a bit taxing when I've got rather used to not working! LOL).  Now that it's school holidays, so the usual rushing around is reduced a little, I hope to get in some stamping time.


Here's the great colour combo for this week:


I decided Stampin' Up!'s French Foliage set would be perfect stamped in these colours.  It's a great set for creating a collage-style background, with minimal effort.  LOVE it!!!  I've gone for a very simple style of card, with a masculine feel.  I really had to stop myself from adding brads, or twine, or piercing .... but I'm really pleased with the end result.


Stamps: French Foliage, Occasional Greetings
Card: Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Poppy Parade stampin' pads
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers, paper snips

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it. I'm not so good with the masculine cards. Might be because I don't any stamps that may suit this type of project. Those colours really do look great together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is STUNNING! (Where is that postman with my set?!!!) Fantastic card Christine, even sans embellishments. You have been very productive today!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of this colour combo Christine and a perfect card for a male.

    ReplyDelete