Saturday, May 8, 2010

"ASIAN ARTISTRY" in blue

Asian Artistry is a brand new Level 2 hostess stamp set, in Stampin' Up!'s Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue.  It's a beautiful set, containing a few images that are perfect for watercolouring.  Being a hostess set, it can't be bought, but it can be earnt for FREE if you host a qualifying workshop. If you like the sound of this, want to get some friends together for a few fun hours of stamping, and live in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, email me, and we'll arrange a date for your workshop!

The focal point of my card is the gorgeous bird, perched on bamboo; I've simply stamped the image in Basic Gray ink, and lightly 'painted' over the foliage with my aquapainter (water-colouring brush), to blur the lines a little.  I scribbled with a Brilliant Blue marker onto my plastic 'palette' (the clamshell case of the stamps), and picked up the colour with my aquapainter to watercolour the bird.  I don't gravitate towards blue very often, but I love the colours in this card.  I was thinking it'd make a nice sympathy card; what do you think?



Asian artistry blue & grey card

Stamps: Asian Artistry, En Francais, Trendy Trees (sentiment)

Card: Basic Gray, Bordering Blue, Brilliant Blue, Confetti White, Watercolour Paper

Ink: Basic Gray stampin' pad and marker, Brilliant Blue stampin' pad and marker, Bordering Blue stampin' pad, Very Vanilla craft stampin' pad

Other: Aquapainter, Eyelet Border Punch, sponge dauber, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, corner rounder punch
  

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Christine...now I want that set!!!
    PS I finally got your RSS feeds working again wooo hoo and **thank you** for my gorgeous birthday card! A long email to you is pending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh this is such a beautiful card Christine. I love it. If anyone can motivate me to do some crafting again, it would be you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the colours are perfect ... I really need that stamp set :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Christine. I have this set, but it hasn't seen ink yet. It sure will now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card Christine! I just Love it Love it Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete