Sunday, February 21, 2010

LOVE SPARKLES ..FOR A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY GIRL

I think the recipient of this card would be happy to be called a 'girl', as she's celebrating a milestone (70th!) birthday :)

Having just taken delivery this week of the "Love Sparkles" Simply Scrappin' Kit, from Stampin' Up!, I was keen to use it to make a card.  The Simply Scrappin' Kits are not just for scrapbookers, y'know - with textured 12" x 12" card in 3 colours, co-ordinating Designer Series Papers (designed especially for the kits), die-cut stickers, and 12" long border stickers, they are a feast for the eyes for cardmakers!! The possibilities are endless!  Great value, too - at $36.95, there are enough elements in each kit to make dozens of cards.

The Love Sparkles kit incorporates the colours So Saffron, Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip - yum.

This is the card I made for my mother-in-law (who I know doesn't visit my blog, so I'm safe putting a photo up before she receives the card!):

CARLIEN'S BDAY CARD 001

I realised after I'd uploaded the photo that there were 'straggly bits' along the bottom of the Chocolate Chip layer (and I didn't want to photograph it again - just humour me!).  I've tidied those up now!

Here's a close-up of the crocheted flower, just because I was pretty darn happy with the way it turned out.  I like the irregularity of the colour, as I think it ties in with the Regal Rose paper, and the Pretty in Pink words all over the paper.  What do you think?

Fleurette on Carlien's card

The Fleurettes II, in the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini Catalogue, are white crocheted flowers in three different sizes.  They can be used 'as is', or easily dyed (using ink refill diluted with water) to match your project.  Because I don't have a re-inker in the colour I needed for this flower, I sponged some Regal Rose ink direct from my stampin' pad, then added colour with my Regal Rose marker.  The colour was pretty intense, so I rinsed the flower under cold water, then allowed it to dry.  A rather nice end result (for a first attempt), don't you think?!

The "ingredients" for this card are as follows:

Stamps: Party Hearty

Card: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Regal Rose

Ink: Chocolate Chip and So Saffron stampin' pads, Regal Rose stampin' pad and marker, Versamark marker (for the pattern on the So Saffron panel at the top)

Other: Love Sparkles Simply Scrappin' Kit, Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" circle punch, Circle Nestabilities, sponge dauber, edge distresser, Fleurette II, Latte button, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (retired), mini glue dots, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Another really beautiful, eye-catching card Christine. I love your dyed fleur and I agree, its irregular colouring suits the card very well.
    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete