Thursday, February 18, 2010

ANOTHER FLOWERY COLOUR CHALLENGE CARD

Remarkably, I'm back to post for the second time in a matter of only hours!  While I had out my products in the colours for this week's Just Add Ink challenge, I decided to make a second card (also using white as the 'added' bit).

I thought it was about time I gave my Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set a bit of love, so I 'cased' one of my own cards that I made a while ago (pre-blog days, so you haven't seen it - just pretend this is a fresh idea!).  I'm not sure that the ribbon tied at the bottom of this card is the right touch; looks a bit out of balance, I think.  However, I'll show you anyway, because I'm not going to get any more stamping time tonight,and this will be my only opportunity to use the computer, since Jack will be on Facebook until he goes to bed .. you know, talking to all his friends who he sees all day ... teenagers!! :)

JAI4 #2

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Best Yet (hostess set), Vintage Labels (Sale-a-bration set)

Card: Kraft, Rose Red, Whisper White, Sage Shadow

Ink: Rose Red, More Mustard, Sage Shadow stampin' pads

Other:  Rose Red 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, Curly Label punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, white gel pen, sponge dauber, corner rounder punch, paper snips, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I just got this set, and I love it. So beautiful! I really like what you've done with this card. I like the ribbon, but understand what you're saying - have you tried it with just the bow part and not having it wrapped around the card too? Just a thought...
    I had to giggle at your comment at JAI about stalking... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah .... another beautiful cheeery card. So simple, yet soo effective ... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the florals. They look so delicate printed over each other. Beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete