Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MAKING MERRY WEDNESDAY

Hi friends

My post title today is a little laugh, in reference to my friend Anita's "Making Merry Monday" challenge.  Anita posts a new Christmas card on her blog every Monday, and has invited anyone and everyone to join in - this has been going for WEEKS now, and I haven't managed to get organised enough to participate.  So, here is my little contribution, posted way late!  I have been busy making Christmas cards, but haven't been busy taking photos of them - I will try to share some more with you in coming days.

Another of my lovely friends, Nikki, inspired me to make a card with colours I wouldn't have normally chosen.  I have CASEd her card that you can see here.  In Stampin' Up!'s new mini catalogue, there is a beautiful range of designer series papers called Ski Slope - that is what I have used on my card, below.

Season of joy nikki case

Stamps: Season of Joy

Card: Old Olive, Whisper White textured, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Old Olive stampin' pad, Chocolate Chip stampin' write marker, Whisper White craft stampin' pad

Other: Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, Ski Slope DSP, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals, filigree brad, corner rounder punch, sponge dauber

That's it for today, folks - I'm off to have a girls' day with my baby sister (well, she's the baby of our family, which must make Mum and Dad feel their age), who turns 40 tomorrow.  It is my birthday the day after (and, incidentally, my brother-in-law's today), so this is always a very busy, but lovely, week of the year.

I hope your day is as happy as I'm sure mine will be!

Christine x

3 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful Christine. You make lovely cards and I do love that colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never Christine! lol! Love your Making Merry Wednesday card....hope you have a lovely birthday on Friday. Love Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I have never been CASED before and I am so honoured! Thank you thank you thank you.
    Happy birthday to you - hope your day is filled with fun and happiness.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete