Monday, August 17, 2009

FRIENDS 24-7 MAKE & TAKE

Sorry for the lack of blogging, folks; I needed a bit of a rest after all the excitement of my birthday!  Thank you to all my lovely friends and family for making me feel so loved.  And to my two brothers .... where are my birthday cards???  Love you, Mark and Dean :)

Yesterday I demonstrated at my first-ever Stampin' Up! workshop, which was a pretty momentous occasion!  It all went really well, and I was lucky to have a group of 8 really lovely women to present to - thank you Leanne, Laura, Josie, Jo, Trudy, Leanne, Renee and Annette, for making it such an enjoyable experience.  I look forward to getting to know you all better!

I thought I'd share with you all the card everyone got to make at the workshop.  I have used the Friends 24-7 stamp set, one of my favourites from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue, that is current until September 2010.  The Parisian Breeze Designer Series paper is available only for a limited time, from our Spring Mini Catalogue, that is current until the end of November this year.  I LOVE this paper - I am already onto my second pack, and it was only released in Australia at the beginning of August. It co-ordinates beautifully with both Kraft and Baja Breeze - two colours that appear in lots of my cards.
Make&take 15.08.09
Stamps: Friends 24-7
Card: Kraft, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
DSP: Parisian Breeze
Other: Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, eyelet border punch, stampin' dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig
I took along to the workshop three other 'stepped-up' versions of this card, on which I'd switched around the ribbon and paper used. I showed how different punches would look, and how the addition of buttons, Build-A-Brad, and/or a felt flower would look. I also used the Friendly Words jumbo wheel, in Whisper White craft ink, to create an alternative background. Hope you like them!

Make&take stepped up

Well, it's high time for me to get off the computer now - I have spent far too much time on ebay today (listing items to sell), and am OVER it!  I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and have much to look forward to in the week ahead.  To my friends Claire, and Sue, who are heading up to Noosa on an all-expenses-paid trip courtesy of Stampin' Up!, I'd just like to say "TRY NOT TO MISS THOSE OF US LEFT BEHIND IN THE COLD WET WEATHER!!!!".  Have a ball, girls, and I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another lovely assortment of cards. Great mix-and-match job(s).

    ReplyDelete