Wednesday, August 6, 2014

STAMPIN' UP! TAP TAP TAP BIRTHDAY

Today is my sister's birthday.  I had a lot of fun making Lynda's card, using several new 'toys' from the Stampin' Up! catalogue.

This is the first time I've inked up my new Tap Tap Tap stamp set - such a cute, fun set.  The set doesn't come with a birthday sentiment, so I used my old faithful Teeny Tiny Sentiments.  Because the "Happy Birthday" was too wide to fit on the typewriter paper, I inked the "happy" first with my Calypso Coral marker, and stamped that ... then, using my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, was able to stamp the "birthday" (also isolated by colouring with the marker) directly beneath it.


 
Stamps: Tap Tap Tap, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP: Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad, Calypso Coral marker, Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate Blendabilities
Other: Itty Bitty Accents punch, Spiral Border punch, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, Neutrals and Brights candy dots, sponge dauber, Calypso Coral seam binding, glue dots
 
 
Just for today, my sister and I are twins; we celebrate being the same age for one day of every year; tomorrow's MY birthday! :)
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! I love the newsprint background and the colourful typewriter is so cool! Happy, happy birthday for tomorrow, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, it looks even better in the flesh(/paper?). I'm so lucky to have such a lovely, talented sister. Love you (and the card) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous card Chris! The colours are beautiful! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you today, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Christine!
    Oh this is a super fun and very groovy card lovely!!! The colours are AWESOME!!! And the way you've got that greeting JUST SO on that teeny piece of paper is outstanding!!! No wonder Lynda loves it (and you!!) and rightly so!! HOw blessed she is to get such wonderful cards indeed!!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Happy Birthday my friend!! This is a sweet card and no wonder your sister loved it. Hope you had a wonderful day, my fellow August birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete