Saturday, August 8, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME .... :)

I've had a super-happy day today, celebrating my *ahem* 41st birthday.  Despite the fact that I had to go to work, I still managed to enjoy my day!  I have been very spoilt, by dear friends hand-delivering flowers, cards and chocolates (which have been stashed away, out of hubby's reach!).  My darling little 8-year-old made me a gorgeous card (hijacked by his brother and father, so they wouldn't have to worry about getting me a separate one, bless them) and even made the bed for me this morning!  Ethan was so sweet, about wanting to do 'all my jobs', and couldn't get enough of singing 'happy birthday'.  His enthusiasm was infectious, and it truly made me feel special.  Jack (13) has (somewhat reluctantly, under duress from his pouting mother) made me cups of tea this evening, although I suspect he will now use that as 'ammunition' and expect something in return!  Kids - gotta love 'em!

Our house looks somewhat like a florist's, and the perfume of the flowers is divine.  It's so nice to have a 'girly' touch to our house, as with two sons and a husband I do often feel a little overwhelmed by the testosterone.  Unfortunately, my camera battery died just as I decided to document the evidence of the love my friends feel for me.  I will, in the light of day tomorrow, take some photos, and promise to share them on here soon!

My sister, Lynda, turned 40 yesterday, and we had a big family dinner last night to mark the special occasion.  I am so proud to be part of the family I have; I love my sister and brothers, parents, nieces and nephews to bits, and we always leave it too long between get-togethers.  I was so focussed on remembering to take all Lynda's presents along to the restaurant (I was co-ordinator of a HUGE stash of Stampin' Up! goodies that the family all gave her) that I totally forgot to take my camera!!! I'm relying on my siblings and parents to come up with some photos for me - hopefully I'll be able to share some of those with you too.  (Just don't hold your breath on that one!) 

I do, however, have a photo that I took earlier of the birthday card I made for Lynda, so this post won't be entirely picture-less!  I have used paper, stamps and accessories from the new Mini Catalogue, as well as some favourites from the Idea Book & Catalogue.  I'm just loving these colours, and hope you like it too! Here it is:

Lynda's bday card

Stamps:  On Your Birthday, Great Friend

Ink: Baja Breeze stampin' pad; Basic Gray stampin' pad and marker; Cameo Coral stampin' pad and marker

Card: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Basic Gray

DSP: Walk in the Park, Parisian Breeze

Other: Eyelet border punch, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, clear rhinestone brads, Basic Gray and Baja Breeze corduroy brads, large white eyelet (WeRMemoryKeepers brand), crop-a-dile, dimensionals, sponge dauber

I'll be back with 'my' birthday photos over the weekend, as I prepare to continue celebrating turning a year older!  I am going out for a meal with friends tomorrow night (a girls' night out while the boys are at the football), and am also looking forward to stretching my birthday out to Tuesday, when my special 'stamp group' friends and I are going to 'do lunch'.  I am very blessed to have so many lovely friends; life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Christine - I trust you had a wonderful day. Love the card.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little embarrassed that you put my card up there with all those other lovely ones from talented cardmakers (including Ethan - lol). At least now I have a good stash of matchy matchy SU stuff, so have no excuse for lack of creativity (other than, well, lack of creativity. See, this is all about ME!). How come Ethan didn't offer to do my housework when you were here?
    We've both been very spoilt, haven't we? :o)
    Love you to bits, too, sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete