Friday, June 10, 2016

JAI #315 : A SKETCH CHALLENGE, AND A MASCULINE BIRTHDAY CARD

Tina has come up with a sketch, for our challenge at Just Add Ink this week:



I used the sketch for my brother's birthday card ... and, as I was rather organised in having this card made early for the challenge (even if late for my brother's special day!), I've used a few products that retired from Stampin' Up!'s range at the end of May.   The Farmers' Market Designer Series Paper, white Jute Ribbon, and Circles framelits are now all retired.

The colours on my card are:



Here is the card I made for the younger of my two brothers who celebrate May birthdays:



Don't you just love the new Duet Banner punch?  There's a danger you will be seeing this on most of my cards in the coming year!  I have listed below the current Stampin' Up! products used on this card.  If you'd like to buy them. just click on one of the thumbnail images below, to be taken to my online store.

Make sure you check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team's gorgeous creations this week.




Product List

6 comments:

  1. That's a super card for a Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card, paper combinations are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Christine and I'm sure your brother would've loved it too! I love your layers of texture and how you've stamped on the DSP to give it such a realistic look too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear CHristine, HELLO!!!
    SO nice to pop in and say hi and rave about your super Male card!! Fabbo as always, the colours and the texture is great!! Love that banner set, I have that one too!!!
    Sending you my hugs and thoughts,
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layers of inky texture in this one Christine - it's all so subtle and works together beautifully building up depth and detail. I have yet to get my hands on the new banner punch but I am already much of your mind! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Christine, the colour combo is one of my fave, great for the male cards.

    ReplyDelete