Friday, October 11, 2013

JAI # 186 : AN INSPIRATION PIC

I've had a bit of fun with the inspiration photo that is Just Add Ink's challenge this week.  Delys found this gorgeous pic of a floral wreath, to kick-start our creativity:




I started off with notions of making a bright, floral card - but that idea shifted to a butterfly wreath.  When it came to assembling a card, I just wasn't "feeling it", so allowed myself to think a bit outside the square.  I knew I wanted to create a wreath ... and I ended up making a "wreath" of suitcases.

This card is for my niece, who has been an intrepid traveller since a young age (well, she's still young!).  She's more likely to use a backpack than a suitcase, but hopefully she'll appreciate the fun sentiment behind this card:





Stamps: Label Something
Card: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Whisper White
DSP: I am Me Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red and Basic Gray stampin' pads
Other: Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Cloud embossing folder (retired), Artisan Label punch, Circles framelits, 1 3/4" Circle punch, paper snips
 
 
 
Make sure you check out the awesome samples from the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team.  We'd love you to join in the fun, too, by using the inspiration photo to create a card or other papercraft project.
 
 


6 comments:

  1. You certainly did think outside the square. What a great idea. I am sure your niece will love it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job on the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this suitcase wreath Christine!! It's such a fun and very fitting idea for your travel enthusiast niece! Awesome out of the box idea :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea, Christine! Vary clever to use in the background the clouds ef on top and the blue dp on the bottom. Love outside the square!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute and clever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card and such a great way to use the inspiration pic, Christine.

    ReplyDelete