Sunday, July 31, 2011

JUST ADD INK #78

This week at Just Add Ink, it's colour challenge time.




Great masculine colours, I think; and I needed a little push to get organised for Father's Day!  With August shaping up to be a very busy month, it's likely I'd leave my father's and father-in-law's cards until the last minute if I didn't make a start now. 

I think my Autumn Days stamp set has been inked up only once, so I was determined to use it, and use a bit of creative licence when colouring the pheasant!  I love how these colours worked together.


Stamps: Autumn Days, Sanded, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
DSP: Certainly Celery Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Sahara Sand stampin' pad, Chocolate Chip marker, Certainly Celery marker, Not Quite Navy stampin' pad and marker
Other: Top Note die, paper snips, Word Window punch, Jumbo brads, sponge dauber, aquapainter

13 comments:

  1. OMG!! I am totally lovin' how you did the bird!! Gosh thats effective!! Great job chicki.........GREAT JOB!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christine, the bird looks fabbo! Love the colouring on his wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Christine! I really like how you coloured the pheasant. You reminded me that Fathers Day is just around the corner!
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you coloured the pheasant. It looks very effective with the challenge colours. I also love how you stamped the foliage. I am sure that your father or your father-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so delighted to see a card with my pheasant on it, I love this stamp set, but not too many ppl I know appreciate or like it, so thank you for posting him on this challenge, your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pheasant looks so beautiful in those colours Christine. Love the way you've used the top note and the brads too .... very effective! Glad you could play along with JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Christine, these colour suit this stamp set well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never inked the pheasant from that set. Yours looks terrific done in the various colours. Well done for being so organised for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pheasant and how you colored him in... even with a shadow! Beautiful use of those colors - especially the wheat around the frame of the note die. Lovely! (And thanks so much for visiting my blog with all of your lovely comments - you are too kind - truly appreciated!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic way to colour (phil) the pheasant, your really making this set way more appealing, a great layout and a beautiful fathers day card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pheasant is something special Christine - really eyecatching! You can certainly make a great guy card :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly know how t make a great "Man" card Christine! I don't my pheasant has EVER seen ink. LOVE what you have done with it! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colouring of the pheasant, Christine and a great male card. You sure are on fire, girl!

    ReplyDelete