Tuesday, May 31, 2011

JAI #69 : JUST ADD FUSSY CUTTING

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to use "fussy cutting" in a papercraft project.  Essentially, this means cutting around an image, or images .... the more intricate the better!  I haven't gone terribly intricate, but I did enjoy the bit of cutting I did to make today's card. 

Here's a close-up of my two favourite features of my card.  Check out the shimmer (can you see it??), and the gorgeous waffle pattern I created using my Stampin' Up! Crimper.  Both techniques are so easy to do, but really add a special 'something', don't you think?






Here is the card I made.  I'm loving these colours together, I must say.

Stamps: Because I Care, Silhouette Sentiments (both hostess stamp sets)
Card: Baja Breeze, Whisper White smooth and textured, Watercolour Paper
DSP: Rich Razzleberry Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On inkpad, Rich Razzleberry stampin' pad, Baja Breeze stampin' pad and reinker, Old Olive and Always Artichoke stampin' pads
Other: Aquapainter, paper snips, 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval punch, Basic Pearls, stampin' dimensionals, Whisper White 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Crimper, mini glue dots, Tombow Multi glue, Frost White shimmer paint (mixed with Isocol to make shimmer spray)

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. Should it be dedicated to The Stamp Mule?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christine,love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! Purple! Lovely! Love that stamp set!
    Margaret Knoops

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that colour combo too Christine! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colouring of your flower - just about to ink mine up;). What a great idea to make 'waffle' paper with your crimper - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Christine, lovely colour scheme and beautiful colouring and what a fabulous idea to use your crimper that way...looks great!
    Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Christine! LOVE the waffle pattern, gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour combo and the waffle paper is a fab addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, I love this card! That colour combo just works so well together and your cutting of the image is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colouring on the bloom Christine & the popped up sections give so much depth to the image. The waffle panel looks great & I just love the row of pearls at the bottom. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete