Tuesday, December 21, 2010

JUST ADD INK #48

After having "stamper's block" for a few weeks (Christmas card overload, I'm sure you understand!) I got so much pleasure out of sitting down to make a birthday card for a friend last night.  What bliss it was to pause amidst all the pre-Christmas and pre-holiday "busy-ness", to have a play!

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to use the following sketch as a starting point for a papercraft project:



I was pretty excited to see those gorgeous big scallops, because I've just bought a Jumbo Scallop Die; perfect for creating an edge like in the sketch.  I flipped the sketch, and came up with this bright number:



Stamps: Very Vintage jumbo wheel, Flight of the Butterfly, Butterfly Prints, Sincere Salutations
Card: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: Daffodil Delight Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Daffodil Delight stampin' pad, Basic Black stampin' pad and marker
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Butterfly Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Lots of Tags sizzlits, Beautiful Wings embosslits, Square Lattice embossing folder, Vintage Brads, Mat pack and paper piercing tool, sponge dauber, MFT Jumbo Scallop die


Well, friends, this will be my last  blog post for 2010.  Time for me to sign off and be with my boys; we are off on a big adventure the day after Christmas, and I will not be blogging again until mid-January.  Stay safe over the festive season, and Merry Christmas to you all!

Christine xx

18 comments:

  1. This is pretty darn gorgeous! Love how bright it is and those baby butterflies look perfect on your scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used!!

    Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2011.

    Trish
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Christine! Great colours!

    I wishing you and your fam merry Christmas :) and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card as usual Christine .... very summery. I will miss you - have a super douper holiday - wishing you lots of fun and laughter for 2011. Travel safe my friend, love Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely summery card, love all the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Christine,

    what a lovely cheerful card :)The little butterflies on the scallops are a great tie in to your feature butterfly. Thanks for all the lovely enthusiastic comments this year :) Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and happy adventuring !
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous ray of sunshine to brighten our day! Another lovely card Christine, with so many pretty little details. :)
    Have a magical Christmas, & a wonderful & safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your card Christine , such a bold colour choice that has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Christine. Love the bright colour, butterflies and the details on the sentiment. Have a wonderful break my friend, travel safe and I look forward to catching up in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours the butterflies are a lovely addition on the scallops. Have a wonderful holiday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a safe New Year.
    Love Rach

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour combo that you have used and I just have to buy that butterfly stamp set! Have a lovely holiday and looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards next year

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a bright and cheery card and a lovely change from the Christmas Frenzy!! Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the butterlies on this card, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo - such brave colours and they work SO well!!!! Fantastic Christine! Thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! I can never get yellow to work so well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your card Christine, congrats on being a top pick at JAI. I really love the way you've used the colours, daffodil delight has never looked so good. The butterflies are just beautiful too, and the way you flipped the sketch is perfect.
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family, and have enjoyed your big adventure.
    Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really fun colors! Great ideas with the butterflies on the scallops. Really eye grabbing card!

    ReplyDelete