Thursday, March 11, 2010

"HELLO AGAIN" .... it's been a while, hasn't it?!

Well, I don't know about in your corner of the world, but I'm finding March to be an extremely busy month for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and babies!!  I don't quite know where the time has gone since I last posted on my blog - oh, wait, yes I do. I've been bunkered down in my craft room, making cards for all these happy occasions :)



Stampin' Up!'s Summer Mini catalogue runs only until the end of March, so I thought I'd share with you a couple of 'flowery' cards I've made using the cute little "Hello Again" stamp set.  It's only $21.95 for 5 sweet stamps, and it co-ordinates with the Retro Remix wheel ($11.95).  Despite that fact that Melbourne has plunged head-long into Autumn (bringing with it 100-year-record hail storms, and cold weather - a bit of a shock to the system!), I'm clinging to the 'springy' colours I used in my Easter post for this first card.  You'd probably find that using the Stamp-a-ma-jig (stamp positioner) to line up the row of flowers would be a good idea ..... however, I made this card at our monthly stamp night (with dear friends) recently, and was rather cavalier and just stamped away 'by eye'.  Too busy talking, laughing and eating chocolate on the night, I think!



HELLO AGAIN CARD

Stamps: Hello Again

Card: Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Whisper White

Ink: Barely Banana stampin' pad, Bashful Blue marker, Pretty in Pink marker, Almost Amethyst stampin' pad, Certainly Celery stampin' pad and marker

Other: Bashful Blue 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, sponge daubers, edge distresser, Sherbet Designer Buttons, mini glue dots



I just love how those cute little buttons match the ink colours so well, don't you?  Speaking of cute, did you notice my brand-new watermark?  I know, I know, it probably should be over the card, but it's so pretty, I decided to 'showcase' it on its own.  (Simple pleasures!)



The next card I have to show you, using the Hello Again stamp set, is a Scallop Notes II card.  These adorable note cards are also in the Summer Mini catalogue.  For $23.95, you get 30 cards and envelopes - 10 cards each in Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette, and 30 Very Vanilla envelopes sized perfectly for the little cards.  I think I might've got just a little carried away with the embellishments on this card, but I'll let you be the judge! 



HELLO AGAIN SCALLOP NOTE

Stamps: Hello Again

Card: Scallop Note II (Baja Breeze), Whisper white, Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze cardstock

Ink: Versamark inkpad, Basic Gray stampin' pad, Pink Pirouette stampin' pad, Baja Breeze stampin' pad

Other: Curly Label Punch, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Valet Ribbon Originals, dimensionals, sponge daubers, Fleurettes II, pink rhinestone brad



Isn't that satin Baja Breeze ribbon to-die-for??  Oh, and the white crocheted flower, from the Fleurettes II selection, is another item that is available only until the end of March.  Don't miss out on getting these gorgeous products while they're still available; contact me, and I can process an order for you!  Remember that for every $100 worth of product you buy from me before the end of March, you get to choose a FREE stamp set from the four gorgeous Sale-A-Bration sets on offer this year.

Here's a close-up of the little card, against a very classy background of a white polystyrene lid that was out on our deck (I'm nothing if not resourceful!).  I wanted you to see how I stuck a little strip of Pink Pirouette card on the inside edge of the card.

HELLO AGAIN SCALLOP NOTE 2



That's it from me for another day!  I'll try not to leave it so long between posts next time.  Thanks for visiting, and don't forget to contact me before the end of March if you need anything from the Summer Mini catalogue!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and no I don't think you have gone overboard. Perfect.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always adore the colours that you use together Christine. Beautiful Cards. I can't wait to play croquet with my flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine...I have been having a lovely time having a good look at all your gorgeous creations. These are cards are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy! All of your cards are great, and I love the Spring/Easter colours :) And I love your new watermark, I have several of Karen's but that is one of my favourite ones to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these lovely soft colours. The buttons in the centre of the flowes work so well - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pastel flowers Christine and the new watermark as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you used on your cards. Particularly the first one. I also love how the buttons cordinate with the flowers and I think it looks really good that the flowers are not the same height. In nature, flowers come in all shapes and sizes, yet are all beautiful to someone. A bit like people :)

    ReplyDelete