Thursday, November 26, 2009

IT'S A "PARTY HEARTY" PARADE.....

One of the stamp sets, in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue, that I was not convinced I 'needed', was Party Hearty.  However, some brilliant creations by some of my friends, and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators (part of our Art With Heart team), put paid to any doubts I had - so, I've joined the Party Hearty bandwagon! 

I found a really nice, simple, clean layout of a card on Splitcoaststampers, and unashamedly CASEd it.  Here is the result (bad photography and all):

Party hearty...and many more

Stamps: Party Hearty, Occasional Greetings

Card: Taken With Teal, Whisper White, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss

Ink: Taken with Teal, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss

Other: Small Tag Punch, 3/4" circle punch, eyelet (from my stash), Crop-a-dile, linen thread, 1" Double-Stitched Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig

How CUTE do those little party hats look??  I love them!  And to think I didn't need them - ha!!

Here's a slight variation, using the same basic layout, but using only Party Hearty stamps (including the present image stamped in Versamark all over the Rose Red panel), and a couple of teal rhinestone brads:

Party hearty with rhinestone brads

Stamps: Party Hearty

Card: Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Rose Red

Ink: Taken With Teal, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Versamark

Other: 1" Double-Stitched Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone brads, 3/4" circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig



I have one more Party Hearty card to share with you.  I was so loving this layout, that I made a third card, using a different colour combination.  In the upcoming Summer Mini, there is some luscious Real Red polka dot grosgrain ribbon.  I am a sucker for red ribbon, and love polka dots, so this is one of my favourite products in the Mini Catalogue! (Easily pleased, aren't I?)  This time I teamed Real Red with Chocolate Chip, and Tempting Turquoise. 

Party hearty red, brown,turquoise

Stamps: Party Hearty, One of A Kind

Card: Real Red, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise

Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise

Other: 3/4" circle punch, 3/4" Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon - SUMMER MINI, Stamp-a-ma-jig

I love these simple, cute cards.  Which one's your favourite??

7 comments:

  1. That is just stunning! I love the last one the best. There's something about red, blue and brown together! They are all bright and funky....Well done!
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are all gorgeous but really love the last one too! I think it is that gorgeous polka dot ribbon that does it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and fun cards with great colour combos. I like how you've "spotlighted" (or spotlit? lol) the little party hats by mounting them on contrasting circles. Love your work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards Christine! Great colour combos!
    The hats look like they are doing a happy dance, the circles behind really highlight them
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the teal, rose red and kiwi kiss combo Christine. Those hats do look pretty cute. This would be a great card for teens. Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine... Love the cards too, I love all the colour combo's and I really liked how you popped the circles behind them... might just have to borrow this design.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cards and all the colour combos, very versatile. Luv Erica xx

    ReplyDelete