Sunday, November 8, 2009

I LOVE THE "I WISH" SIMPLY SCRAPPIN' KIT!!

I was in the mood to make a couple of simple Christmas cards, with minimal stamping, the other day, so I thought I'd break open my new "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' kit.  This kit is one of the products featured in Stampin' Up!'s Christmas Extravaganza promotion. Purchasing it, along with a few other goodies, could earn you a free punch! I am not a scrapbooker, but, even though this kit is designed to make scrapbooking easy, I have found it is perfect for making loads of cards!  At $36.95, it is fantastic value - enough textured cardstock, co-ordinating papers and self-adhesive die-cuts to create dozens of cards.

Here is the first card I made:

Olive i wish card

Stamps: Many Merry Messages

Card: Old Olive, Whisper White

Ink: Old Olive Stampin' pad

Other: "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' Kit, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch



I love how well the red snowflake die-cut sticker co-ordinates with the Scallop Edge Punch - don't you?  The star and the circle greeting are from the kit, too.  All I did was stamp a simple greeting, and attach some ribbon - easy peasy.

My next card has as the focal image a die-cut strip from the kit - I just LOVE those berries.  Although the photo doesn't clearly show it, I stamped in Versamark ink an image from the Soft Summer stamp set (available in our Spring Mini catalogue, only until the end of November!), that I thought co-ordinated beautifully with the berries, and created a bit of 'interest' at the top of the card.

Real red i wish card

Stamps: Season of Joy, Soft Summer

Card: Real Red, Old Olive textured, Whisper White

Ink: Versamark, Old Olive stampin' pad

Other: "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' Kit, Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, sponge dauber



Well, folks, that's it for today.  I'll be sure to post some more cards made using this lovely kit in days and weeks to come.

An exciting announcement I have to make, about the promotion I told you about in my last post.  There is now a choice of two punches, for the free punch on offer.  Contact me if you'd like to place a qualifying order!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh beautiful cards my dear. Must have been something in those wonky Friands to inspire the berry card, lol. Love your idea to use the Soft Summer stamp set with the second one (and love your cheeky comment about my understated ribbon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with the kit Christine!

    ReplyDelete