Wednesday, July 26, 2017

THE HEART OF CHRISTMAS #9: STAMPIN' UP! CAROLS OF CHRISTMAS




I'm back, with a Christmas card made with Stampin' Up! products, after a couple of weeks' break.  I took a short holiday the first week, and have been grappling with all that goes along with selling a house the following week.  I am hopeful that this week is the week my house sells!

Claire Daly (who heads the Art With Heart team) has a list on her blog of all our team members who are sharing Christmas cards today.  We hope you visit all the blogs, and leave a bit of comment love. :)

This card is, I think, my favourite of all the Christmas cards I've made so far!  I decided to stick to a simple colour scheme, of Tranquil Tide and Whisper White, with just a touch of glimmer (and a small, sweet, deer).  The new Carols of Christmas stamp set, and Card Front Builder thinlits dies, made it super-easy to make this striking card.  Stampin' Up! demonstrators have been able to get our hands on these goodies this month, but they will be available for everyone to buy in August.




How sweet are the details die-cut from the Designer Series Paper?



To complement the Glimmer Paper scalloped circle, I added some liquid glue, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter, to the die-cut trees along the bottom of the card:




I hope you like this card, and feel inspired to play with the Carols of Christmas bundle of products (if you buy the stamp set and dies together, you save 10%).  These products are available from 1st August, as an early release before the Holiday Catalogue comes out in September.  I can't yet link to these items in my online store, but everything else I've used is available; just click on one of the thumbnail images below, to go shopping!  After having my first play with these products this weekend, I absolutely love them.  Without too much effort, you can come up with gorgeous Christmas cards!  I'll be sharing a couple more in the days to come.



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Christine. The DSP background is perfect with the other elements. It is such a sweet little deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine I love how you've used the DSP from the Delightful Daisy suite for a Christmas card. It works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely use of this colour combo, beautiful card Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A soft and lovely card Christine. Love the sparkle in the trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Christine and I love how you have used the DSP just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!! Christine love your colour choice. This is such a great set to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Christine! I'm yet to play much with this bundle, but now I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete