Saturday, August 13, 2016

JAI #324: STAMPIN' UP! BIRTHDAY BLOSSOMS "HELLO" CARD

I am a bit off-kilter, with some big changes happening in my personal life, at the moment, and wasn't able to get my Design Team sample ready ahead of this week's Just Add Ink challenge.  But, I'm pleased to say I have spent some time in my "happy place" this afternoon, and I've managed to put together a card inspired by this gorgeous pic Trish chose for our challenge:




I could've sworn those sweet little flowers were pink, but they're decidedly purple on my monitor, as I look at them now.  Never mind, I've gone with pink!

Here is the colour combination I have used, on my card:




It's time for me to build up a stash of "just because" cards; this is the first in what I hope will become a good collection.




I coloured the flowers and leaves with blender pens, to give a softly unstructured look.  The slightly twirly twine that I've used on top of the Blushing Bride ribbon is a new product, coming out 1st September.  It's called Kraft Rope Trim; I've separated the rope, as it was too thick (three times this thickness) for my project.  Anything that Stampin' Up! releases in Kraft, or Crumb Cake,  I have to have!  Apart from the rope trim, I have listed below all the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card.  If you would like to buy them for yourself, just click on one of the thumbnail images, and you will be taken direct to my online store.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Make sure you check out the beautiful work of the Just Add Ink Design Team members, for this week's challenge.



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00
Pansy Punch
[130698]
$28.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$17.00

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, I love your card, nice colour combo. Cheers Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing, I saw those flowers as pink too at first sight. But now I see the purple. Did someone change the photo to play tricks on us, lol.
    Feminine, soft and delicate, a design fit for any occasion, with the sentiment not adding any limitations either. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete