Friday, October 24, 2014

JAI #237: CLEAR BLOCK STAMPING, WITH STAMPIN' UP! WORLD OF DREAMS

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink was suggested by Paula, who sadly is no longer with us on the Design Team.    Paula's legacy was to leave a challenge, to try something I've never done (thanks, my friend!).  Our challenge is to "Just Add ... Clear Block Stamping".   This technique involves inking up an acrylic block, and using it just as you would a stamp, direct to paper.

I chose a fairly large (size E) clear mount block from Stampin' Up!'s collection.  I knew I wanted to use Pistachio Pudding, so checked my trusty Color Coach, and came up with the colour combination of Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate and Strawberry Slush.

To start, I coloured using my markers in those three colours, in horizontal 'sections' on my clear block.  Using the brush tip of my Smoky Slate marker, I coloured across the middle third of the block.  I then used the Pistachio Pudding marker to fill in the bottom third of the block, and finished by colouring the top third of the block with my Strawberry Slush marker.  I spritzed the block, quite generously, with water, then pressed it down on a piece of Whisper White card.

Some of the Pistachio Pudding got a bit 'lost' in the watercolouring effect, but I do love the end result.  I've used embellishments to pick up on that colour.  Here's my card:




We would love you to visit the Just Add Ink blog to see the rest of the Design Team's creations using this fun technique.  Even better, have a go yourself, and link up your project!

Below are all the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.  If you click on the items, you'll be taken to my online store.








Product List

6 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Christine! What a creative use of that technique. Your finished card is lovely, with the sequins and the sweet embossing of the card base. Another beauty, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Christine. I love the dreamy sort of look of the Strawberry Slush, and that stamp is just perfect for this.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous Christine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, Those colours are great together, your card is beautiful, must try it myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out just gorgeous Christine. I love the pink at the top it hints at the beautiful tones at dawn. The black silhouette stamping over the top really is so striking. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this technique Christine and am itching to get all inky myself! Your card is beautiful and the background gorgeously subtle. Love it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete