Saturday, January 26, 2013

STB #3 & SC 071/13: STAMPIN' UP!'S STIPPLED BLOSSOMS

It's week 3 over at Seize the Birthday, and here is the great sketch we have, to use when creating a feminine birthday card:




Sunny Challenges & Creations is also back, with a new year of challenges, so I'm entering this in the first challenge for 2013 - to make a birthday card.

I had to make a card for a lovely friend of mine who recently celebrated a milestone birthday.  The card is a bit late, but hopefully she'll still love it!

I have inked up my new Stippled Blossoms stamp set for the first time, and love it even more now that it has seen ink!  I used Tangerine Tango ink (stamped off once on scrap paper first) for the bold rose images, and overstamped the stippled patterns in full-strength Tangerine Tango ink.




Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Memorable Moments, For My Family
Card: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
DSP: Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Crumb Cake stampin' pads
Other: Chevron embossing folder, Labels Collection framelits die, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Old Olive button, White baker's twine, Tangerine Tango 1/4" ribbon (Sycamore Street - SAB), sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals, glue dots, banner die (not SU!)

11 comments:

  1. Oh! that is so pretty Christine. What a lovely colour combination, l forget to use Tangerine Tango, but it really is lovely.
    Love your layers and texture! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a beautiful card, Christine. Love the colours you have used. I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your friend will love this. Gorgeous card! Love the way you did the "50" on here too.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely, Christine! thanks for joining the fun at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours on your beautiful card Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Christine. I am sure your friend will love it & won't worry about it being late. I have just ordered this set myself & can't wait until it arrives. Thanks so much for joining Sunny Challenges & Creations in our first challenge of the year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, Christine. Love the colours and inspires me to ink up this set as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Christine. I love the colours you have chosen and that Stippled Blossoms set is just gorgeous! Your friend will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say Tangerine is one of my "go to" colours but you have made it look absolutely amazing here! Love the floral panel, Christine. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card which I am sure your friend will love. Thank you so much for joining us at Sunny Challenges and Creations for our first challenge of the year.

    ReplyDelete