Monday, January 21, 2013

STB #2: TEENAGE BOY CARD

Here's this week's sketch at Seize The Birthday ... the challenge is to create a masculine card, and the timing was perfect because I had to make a card for a special young man (waaaaay overdue for his birthday, but I'm sure it'll still be appreciated!).





I created an irregular-shaped central panel using my Top Note die from Stampin' Up!  After cutting a Top Note, I turned the die cut around 90 degrees, and cut again.  I then kept turning the die cut and putting it through my Big Shot, to end up with the shape below (I wanted it to be 'imperfect' for my boy's card).  I like how the ribbon treatment ended up looking like a little bow tie.




Stamps: Netting, Memorable Moments, Wacky Wishes, Owl Occasions
Card: Riding Hood Red smooth and textured, Basic Gray, Naturals White 
DSP: Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red and Basic Gray stampin' pads, Basic Gray marker
Other: Top Note die, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, Tasteful Trim die, Finishing Touches Edgelits die, Basic Gray striped satin ribbon (reversed), In Color Printed Designer Brads, sponge dauber, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals







3 comments:

  1. What a funky card- perfect for a teenage boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card Christine, love the shape you created with the die! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teenage card, Christine. I hope the birthday boy had a great day. You have convinced me to invest in that netting background stamp!

    ReplyDelete