Friday, March 16, 2012

JAI #109: JUST ADD ...... BEACH

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week, is to create a  papercraft project with a  "beach" theme.   Bronwyn came up with this idea, before leaving the JAI Design Team.

This week's card is a departure for me, from using all Stampin' Up! products.  I don't have any SU! stamps that are "beachy", although I have used Stampin' Up! paper, card and colours.



Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes, CC Designs Mermaid Emma, shell border stamp from PSX
Card: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, X-Press It blending card
DSP: Tempting Turquoise Patternss Designer Series Paper
Ink: Versamark inkpad, Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad, Crumb Cake stampin' pad, Tempting Turquoise stampin' pad
Other: Nestabilities, Fancy Favor Bigz die, Brights button, Linen thread, White embossing powder, sponge dauber, Prismacolor pencils & Odourless Mineral spirits, Scallop Edge border punch, Dazzling Details, mini glue dots


It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but here's a close-up of the 'waves' I created, with a bit of sparkle.  I used my Scallop Edge border punch on a scrap piece of card, and used it as a stencil, sponging turquoise ink along the edge to create waves.  I then used Dazzling Details to make the waves a little glittery.




Make sure you check out the rest of the Design Teams' creations this week.  We hope you'll play along with us - we'd love to see your beach-themed card or scrapbook page!

16 comments:

  1. Tooo cute! Your colouring in is perfect. Such a sweet card. Makes me wish I was at Point Lonsdale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute mermaid and you've used a cute colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright colours Christine! The background stamping on the kraft is perfect. Such a cute mermaid stamp and the wave creation with the punch and dazzling details looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just gorgeous! Lovely colouring too my friend *wink*. Clever use of the scallop edge border to create those glittery waves - I wouldn't have thought to do that.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous mermaid stamp Christine and such a happy colour combo. I struggled with the beach theme too, can't believe with all the stamps I own, I don't have many beachy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's very pretty Christine! I love the colours you've used on the card and especially the way you've made the sparkly waves. Any girl would love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is such a sweet gorgeous card Christine :) I love how you framed her with the big scalloped mat. Awesome colouring too - really!! Her hair is fab!!
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little mermaid Christine. Perfect colouring in her hair & I love how you created the waves - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card Christine. I love mermaid cards, and yours is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute little image Christine. Just lovely for a little girl. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cute card, your colouring & mermaid image are perfect for a beach theme, nicely layered too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine - you've created a gorgeous beachy card. Your mermaid is so cute and coloured perfectly. Love your combination of colours - Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card, Christine. Love your colouring and the bright colours on Crumb Cake are a lovely contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute Christine, great colouring.
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, cute, cute! Sweet beachy image & fantastic colours! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete